Dana Didn't Knit This

A blog with some things I knit, and a lot of things I didn't knit, not authored by me!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Dana Didn't Write This (and Neither did Poe)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while Dana knitted weak and weary,
On this quaint and curious pattern she had started to abhor,
While she nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at her chamber door.
"'Tis just one more boy," she muttered, "tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'"

Curious, Dana opened the shutter, and, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a lass whose blog was stocked with free patterns galore.
Not the least commotion made she; not a minute stopped or stayed she;
But this sometimes grumpy lady walked in through the chamber door -
Stepped upon the finished sock there blocking by the chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and said no more.

Then this knitter so delighted Dana’s fancy, so excited
By the balls and skeins and cones of lovely sock yarn that she bore.
“Oh you famous knitting maven, I have on this pattern slaven!”
Dana cried, “Please, I beg you, your wise counsel I implore,
Tell me, should I knit Jaywalkers, in abundance, score on score?”
Quoth the knitter, “Nevermore.”

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger shireen said…

    by not commenting, i was hoping that some would think it was my genius but it's just too good to not stop and write WOW!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger shireen said…

    my vote is for someone that is currently unemployed. hmmmmm, who could THAT be?

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Not Dana said…

    I left a pretty big hint on my blog this week . . .

    --The Stealth Poet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home